To our valued TGDS family,
Effective January 1, 2018, there will be changes to our rates, packages, and memberships. These price increases reflect our commitment to providing you with the best possible pet care available, delivered to you by knowledgeable and adept staff. We live in a society that values people. 2017 was the final stage of the $3/hour minimum wage increase which has been great for new employees but also devalued staff who have been with us for a longer period (unless we increased their pay as well). The Earned Sick Time laws provide all staff with necessary time off, however, it comes with a price tag to maintain adequate staffing levels to keep your pet safe. We value your business and love your dogs!
What makes The Good Dog Spot the best spot for your dog?
Let’s look at some of the ways!
- Our daycare is a behavior-based daycare. We are dedicated to improving your dog’s behavior both here and at home. Throughout the day, your dog is asked to perform commands in and out of the group. If he doesn’t know them, we teach him! This improves compliance to you at home. Think about it; if he will sit, lay down, stay and come while playing with all of his best friends, it is simple for him to respond to these commands at home in a less distracting environment.
- Our educated staff knows dogs. We are members of the Dog Gurus, an Association for our industry that places an emphasis on dog safety in off-leash play. Our staff is trained in the Dog Gurus’ Knowing Dogs program during their first 6 months of employment to ensure they are educated on subtle cues and body language that allows them to understand your dog’s mental state and make good decisions regarding his playgroup and routine. Staff watch for signs of stress and anxiety so that they can adapt the situation to best fit your dog’s needs. This knowledge allows them to prevent issues and altercations before they arise. Likewise, we use our knowledge of behavior to choose appropriate play groups which are both safe AND fun for your dog and his friends. All staff completes a Pet First Aid and CPR class within 9 months of employment with us.
- Safety is our number one priority. Your dog is supervised at all times by trained, knowledgeable staff. He is in a playgroup suitable for his age, size, and personality. He plays without a collar or equipment that could lead to injury or entrapment. Our entire facility is designed around a double gate system to ensure there are at least 2 doors or gates between your pet and the outside to prevent escape.
- We care about your relationship with your dog and value it. If we can help in any way, we will. We know your dog is your best friend and a member of your family. He’s also a member of OUR family and we care about his best interests above all else.
- We know each and every dog that walks through our door; everything from the sound of their bark to their favorite playmate to their favorite spot to be scratched. He’s not “just a dog.” He’s your dog, and he’s our friend.
All of us at The Good Dog Spot wish you a happy and healthy New Year. We look forward to serving you and your dog this year and for many years to come. Rate cards and info will be available soon in both our locations. If you have any questions or concerns about our rate increases or any of our practices, please don’t hesitate to talk to us. As always, we welcome your input!
Director of Operations