Elizabeth Staples and Lisa Peloquin opened The Good Dog Spot in 2007. Elizabeth and Lisa run the incredible facility whose goal is to put the dogs’ needs above all else. Elizabeth’s husband, Cory, has also joined the team as Director of Operations.
Elizabeth is known as an expert in the pet care industry. She has extensive experience as a consultant, as well as managing a boarding facility. She was also the Regional Director for the Pet Care Services Association (formerly ABKA), the National Trade Association for the pet care industry. In addition, Elizabeth is certified in Pet First Aid and CPR through the American Red Cross and is currently the only Certified Kennel Operator (CKO) in Western Massachusetts.
Lisa began her grooming career in 2001, leaving the medical assisting field after 14 years. She absolutely LOVES her job and truly believes she made the right choice. She is a member of the New England Pet Grooming Professionals, and enjoys attending seminars and learning new skills for grooming. She takes pleasure in volunteering her time and efforts to groom Thomas J. O’Connor dogs, hopefully giving them a better chance for adoption.
We constantly strive to:
- Inspire trust in pets and their families by offering the best quality services and products.
- Provide ease and convenience for pets’ families.
- Maintain a caring, fun and safe environment where pets can thrive.
- Foster the best possible relationships between pets and their families.
- Engage in ethical and sustainable business practices that nurture our employees and support our community.
Our Core Values are…
We are proud to be…
- Pet First Aid and CPR certified
- Members of the Dog Gurus (an organization specializing in safe dog play and canine body language)
- IBPSA (International Boarding Pet Service Association) certified